DIY Face Masks to Tackle dry Skin this Winter
Hi Everyone!! Today, I am sharing best Skin care tips for Winter.You know winter is coming when your skin starts feeling dry and flaky. As the air gets chilly it gets worse for people with already dry skin as they may experience patchiness, flakiness and itchiness resulting in dull, uneven looking skin. An extra dose of moisturisation is always a good idea to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Here are some easy DIY face masks that will help provide TLC to your skin and keep the winter discomfort at bay.Must use these dry skin remedies.
1-Coconut oil and Honey
Coconut oil and nectar both have saturating, antimicrobial, and helpful properties, which makes this face cover staggeringly sustaining for skin.
- Mix equal parts of coconut oil and honey (1 tbsp each).
- Apply evenly on your face, neck and hands.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry to reveal hydrated skin.
2-Ripe banana and honey
Prepare a nourishing face mask using banana and honey that moisturises your skin leaving and leaves it softer. Both banana and honey are natural moisturisers and provide instant goodness for the skin.this is the best face cream for dry skin in winter.
Mash up a ripe banana and add 2 tbsp of honey.
- Blend into a smooth paste.
- Let it stay on the skin for 20-25 minutes and rinse with cold water.
3-Raw milk and honey
Yes, a mask as simple as this can do wonders for your skin. Both milk and honey are among nature’s healthiest food. Raw milk is rich in vitamin B, alpha hydroxy acids, calcium and antioxidants. It also hydrates and soothes irritated skin. Honey is a natural humectant. this is the best winter skin care tips.
- Take 2 tbsp of raw, un boiled milk and mix with 2 tsp of honey.
- Apply generously over your skin including face, neck, elbows and knees.
- Let it dry and wash with water to reveal fresh and rejuvenated skin.
Read More : How To Make Healthy Hair in Winter – Hair Care
4-Mayonnaise and baby oil
It may sound odd, but mayonnaise has moisturizing properties. Use unflavored, whole egg mayonnaise for best results. Adding baby oil to it will make the pack more potent.. This might not be as fragrant as other masks but is quiet easy and quick to make.
Mix 2 tbsp unflavored mayonnaise and 1 tsp baby oil.
Slather on to your face, neck and hands, let it stay for 20 minutes and wash with tepid water. 1
5-Egg yolk and almond oil
Egg yolk is made up of mostly fats that works as a super moisturizing agent. Almond oil on the other hand is rich in vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium, zinc and a number of other minerals and vitamins, which makes it a beloved ingredient in skincare products.this is the best natural face cream for dry skin in winter.
Mix egg yolk and almond oil together, apply on dry areas like feet, elbows, knees and face.
You may squeeze a few drops of lemon juice to get rid of the smell of egg.
6-Banana and cream
The natural moisturising properties of banana, when blended with the rich cream will sooth and nourish dry skin making it feel soft and smooth during harshest of winter days.
1. Mash up one ripe banana with a fork.
2. Add a few teaspoon of heavy cream to it.
3. Whip to a smooth paste and apply on your face.
4. Keep it no for 20 minutes and wit off with damp cloth and rinse.
Read More : Cucumber Face Mask For Glowing Skin
7-Avocado and honey
Rich in natural oils, avocado nourishes the skin naturally while honey will keep it moisturized. The humectant property of honey will help retain the moisture in the skin keeping it supple.
1. Use the back of a spoon to mash up half, ripe avocado.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of organic honey and mix using a fork.
3. Puncture a vitamin E capsule and add a few drops into the honey-avocado mix.
4. Mix until smooth and apply on the face and neck.
5. Wash off after 25 minutes.
8-Chocolate and honey
Chocolate is rich in caffeine which can add a glow to the skin. The fats found in chocolate can moisturise the skin along with honey.
1. Melt 2-4 dark chocolate squares in a cup. Let it cool slightly.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it along and mix into a smooth paste.
3. Apply all over your face and neck area. Let it sit for 15 minutes and massage it onto the face in gentle circular motions.
4. Rinse well with warm water.
9-Aloe Vera and honey
The high moisturizing properties of aloe Vera makes it a perfect natural skincare ingredient. Mix the gel with honey and you have a magic potion for dry skin.
1. Take 2 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel. You can either scrap it off the fat leaf or use good quality aloe gel sold for cosmetic purposes.
2. Add to it 1 teaspoon of honey and mix to form a lump-free paste.
3. Smooth over your face, concentrating on drier regions. Let it stay for half an hour and wash off with tepid water.
10-Aloeveraand almond oil
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and helps improve skin tone. The gentle oil absorbs into the skin readily, leaving it moisturized and non-greasy. Aloe Vera gives a boost of hydration to the parched skin.
1. Take 2 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. You can either scrap it off the fat leaf or use good quality aloe gel sold for cosmetic purposes.
2. Add a few drops of almond oil into it along with a few drops of honey.
3. Mix well and apply on the dry skin.
4. After 25 minutes, wipe with a damp washcloth and rinse with normal water.